Yes! We are open during Covid-19
Yes, Divine Body Massage Therapy is open during Covid-19. Registered Massage Therapists ARE allowed to work provided masks are worn at all times.
Massage therapists are Regulated Health Care Professionals operating under the Regulated Health Professions Act and Massage Therapy Act.
Owner/founder, Bonnie Jean Spillane (RMT) is happy to take care of you. I will continue to follow strict protocols to keep us all healthy, and welcome any questions to ensure your visit is a positive and helpful experience.
Covid Policy for Divine Body Clients
At this moment I have tightened my business Covid protocols while we get through this together. As of Jan. 5, 2022, all clients and visitors MUST be fully vaccinated (with at least TWO doses), to receive treatment in my home. Those clients will need to show proof of vaccination (QR Code) and pass the standard Pre-Covid Screening that comes to you via email 24 hr. before your appointment.
Individuals who are not fully vaccinated are required to book with me outside my home, at another healthcare clinic that I work out of. Please contact me directly if this applies to you. This will remain in effect until further notice to protect my family, my clients and myself.
Safety in treatment is of utmost priority at Divine Body Massage Therapy and part of my vision statement, we can only do that together. If you are feeling ‘off’ and a little under the weather, I ask that you please reschedule your appointment (with no penalty) but to try and give as much notice as possible (24 hours in advance is ideal).
I am grateful for your continued support and for the opportunity to provide a safe and restful environment while we collectively navigate this time together.
- Prior to each visit all clients and visitors must complete a mandatory health Pre-Covid Screening before being treated.
- Divine Body also requires that a mask or face covering must be worn by every person at all times while indoors in a manner that covers their mouth, nose and chin.
- Continue physical distancing during client intake and assessment.
Nothing has changed with regards to the high standards of disinfecting, sanitizing, checks and pre-screening measures in my private practice. I continue to only treat 4-5 patients per day and leave 30 minutes between treatments to ensure quality cleaning protocols. Masks are to be worn at all times and I have a brand new HEPA filter that is constantly running. Personally, I am triple vaccinated. My older children are also double vaccinated and awaiting their boosters as well.
If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Personal note for when you arrive to my Home Practice.
- When you arrive knock on the door and I’ll let you in and ask that you sanitize your hands. I have two very friendly dogs who will be excited by your arrival. Please ignore them. They absolutely WILL NOT harm you. If you have any fears or concerns please let me know beforehand.
- If you have a homemade cloth mask I ask that you wear it throughout the whole treatment, I will be wearing a surgical-grade disposable mask. If you forgot your mask, I can give you one.
- 24 hrs. prior to arrival you will be sent a mandatory Pre Covid Screening via email. If you have forgotten to respond, I will screen you upon arrival. Next we will take a few minutes to go over your health history form and assess your needs as to specific areas you want me to work on and address any pain you may be having. This ensures a safe and effective treatment and I appreciate your patience with this.
- My treatment room is on the second floor. After the intake we will head on up.
- Hand washing and disinfecting procedures are always maintained before and after treatments. For now, only treating/practicing (max) 3-4 clients a day with at least 30 minutes between clients for disinfecting and sanitizing.
- A washroom is available for you and is cleaned after every use.
- Contactless Payment is available.
- Operating out of my home, it’s imperative to maintain a clean household for myself, my children and my clients.
- Personally I have already been triple vaccinated.
- My children have been double vaccinated as well and are awaiting their boosters.
- We all take this pandemic very seriously for our safety and yours.
What I am doing to limit risk:
- Washing hands before and after each treatment
- Thoroughly wipe down with disinfectant wipes on all contact surfaces mainly (but not limited to): chair, massage stool, massage table, oil bottle, desk, face cradles, doorknobs and sink taps.
- Enhancing time between clients (30 mins or more) to allow for a safe amount of ventilation to pass through and allowing time for the disinfectant to run its course.
- Deep cleaning all the areas of the clinic that are considered ‘high traffic’ areas. This includes washrooms and other clinic areas.
- Cleaning is to be done with government approved disinfectant sprays & wipes.
- Mopping & vacuuming at the end of each day to deep clean floors
- Brand new HEPA Air filter in the treatment room.
- New HVAC systems were installed less than a year ago to help filter particles in the air.
- Opening all windows and allowing aeration throughout.
- I am a total neat freak/germaphobe and take this pandemic very seriously for the safety of your family and mine.